Raleigh NC Injured Child Passenger Lawyers

Can My Injured Child Bring a Claim Following a North Carolina Accident?

A child riding injured in a North Carolina accident while a passenger in a car or on a motorcycle is entitled to recover for his or her injuries in a manner similar to an injured adult.  Being in a car crash is very upsetting but even more so if your child is involved.  As a parent, your first and most important concern is the safety of your child.  If you are in an accident and your child is injured, there are several important things to know.

Children Do Not Report Injuries the Same as Adults

A child injured in a car accident may not initially report the symptoms of an injury the same way an adult would.  Therefore, anytime a child is involved in a significant accident, the first thing to do is have the child checked out by a medical professional.  A medical professional will know how to ask the child whether they are experiencing any physical or mental changes since the accident.

What Types of Injuries to Child Passengers Are Caused by Car Accident

Child who are injured in a car accident may experience a number of symptoms that require diagnosis by a doctor including:

  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Headaches
  • Aches and Pains

What Type of Doctor Should My Child See

In some cases it is appropriate to take your child to your regular pediatrician.  However, if there are any concerns about whether your child has suffered a serious injury, do not hesitate to take your child to the Emergency Room.  Most hospitals have a team of medical care providers on staff that can address a wide-range of child injuries.

Every year approximately 600 children are killed as passengers in car accidents and more than a 100,000 are injured. Child injury cases are very serious and demand serious attention from lawyers.  If your child has been injured as a passenger in a North Carolina motor vehicle accident, call the North Carolina Child Injury Lawyers at Hendren Redwine & Malone for a free consultation.

Call Now for  a Free Consultation